We currently have no open vacancies
About SWS Forestry:
SWS Forestry Limited evolved from the South Western co-operative society which started out as an agricultural services company and was set up in 1957. The company evolved and developed over time and in 1986 SWS Forestry Limited was set up. We have strong links and history with the agricultural community having emerged from the Agricultural services company and we are now one of the leading forestry services companies in Ireland.
We are always interested to hear from junior and senior foresters across all our regions. Team members will be involved in expanding our planting programme, maintaining existing plantations, servicing our existing client base and developing new business opportunities.
You will be expected to carry out those duties expected of a qualified forester and any other reasonable duties.
Your duties shall include the following:
- Identifying/locating lands for sale and planting;
- Identifying/locating investors;
- Securing a planting programme;
- Submitting relevant application forms to the Forest Service;
- Keeping a daily diary and forwarding to (General Manager) at the end of each month;
- Undertaking & supervising planting/development/maintenance works as required;
- Undertaking & managing harvesting activities including application for the necessary road and felling licences;
- Keeping detailed records of activities and costs;
- Site Inspections after planting and reporting on same;
- Liaising with contractors/suppliers etc. and coordinating the submission of all relevant Health & Safety documents;
- Developing new business;
- Introducing landowners to the services offered by SWS Forestry Limited;
- Duties as may be assigned to you by the Regional Forestry Manager or any other person in a managerial position; and
- Report regularly to the Regional Forestry Manager with updates on project progress, workloads, budget management etc.
The Company may assign you to other appropriate duties at its discretion at any time during your employment which may include carrying out duties not listed above.
- a forestry qualification (level 7 or higher);
- good knowledge of the agricultural and forestry industries;
- applicants for the senior forester role should have a minimum of 4 years’ experience;
- experience in developing planting and/or thinning programmes is an advantage;
- experience supervising contractors is an advantage but not essential;
- strong communication skills;
- administrative and project management skills are essential;
- Good IT skills and experience in Microsoft office;
- Ability to plan, prioritise and carry out tasks in an orderly and well-structured way;
- GIS experience an advantage but not essential;
- Flexible approach to work; and
- Confidentiality, discretion, professionalism.
Excellent remuneration package available, depending on candidates experience and ability.
Regional Forestry Manager or General Manager (as appropriate).
You will work as a forester in the Republic of Ireland and your primary area of focus will be the area you applied for. This may change from time to time and you may be expected to work and travel outside this area.
The company head office is located in Clonakilty, Co. Cork and you will be expected to attend meetings and training there from time to time.
If you are interested in applying and joining the SWS Team as the company continues to grow please send CV’s and application letters to Careers@swsforestry.ie.
Forester Employment Programme
If you are interested in commencing or progressing your career with SWS Forestry Services, please send a current CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org We are always interested in hearing from enthusiastic, hard working people who are able to work independently whilst also contributing to the overall team effort.
Check out our Forester Employment Brochure below. Click on the image to enlarge.
Click edit button to change this text.