This relates to the improvement of degraded or neglected woodland, which have the potential to be improved from lower to higher productivity. The scheme is mainly, but not exclusively directed towards broadleaf woodlands.
Woodlands can be improved using a number of techniques:
- Improvement felling of malformed or over mature trees
- Felling additional trees if necessary to create planting gaps
- Pruning to improve stem quality
- Enrichment planting to improve species composition and crop quality
- Thinning or re-spacing to promote growth
- Removal of invasive species that threaten regeneration
Please contact one of our experience and qualified foresters to see if any or all of these operations are needed to improve your woodland.
A fixed grant of up to €750 per hectare will be available under the Scheme.